Christmas is a confusing holiday. There are two seemingly unrelated storylines unfolding, one is about baby Jesus and the other is all Santa.
This week on the Embracing a Simpler Life podcast we will sort it all out, explain why we celebrate Christmas as we do and how these two celebrations are related. Join me (Katie), as I offer you some deep felt inspiration along with many practical suggestions for making much of Jesus in your holiday celebration this year.
- Why Do We Call it Christmas? By Phil Vischer
- In which I explain why we chose not to do Santa
- Share your idea for a Christ-Centered Christmas HERE.
- The Nativity Story movie– Katie’s favorite Christmas movie
- The Star movie– (in theaters)
- Truth in Tinsel Advent eBook
- The Complete Guide to Creating a Christmas Book Advent Calendar
- Jesse Tree books: The Wonder of the Greatest Gift, and Unwrapping the Greatest Gift
- Podcast EP3. | Redeeming Christmas Gift Giving
- Children’s Nativity Play Set
- Read the Christmas story in the Bible here: in Matthew, in Luke
- THE EMAIL GUIDE: How to Have a Simpler and More Christ-Centered Christmas
The photo of our daughter Clara enthralled with this large, outdoor nativity:
Subscribe on iOS here.
To subscribe on Android, click this link and select your podcast listening app. Or copy this link into your favorite podcast listening app: http://embracingasimplerlife.libsyn.com/rss
Leave an iTunes review here. These help more people find the Embracing a Simpler Life podcast and are greatly appreciated!
*Affiliate links used where appropriate. Thank you!