My Favorite Things About Early Morning

|by | Uncategorized

my favorite things about the early morning

Can I just say that I have a favorite time of day?

As an introspective type, I thrive on a certain amount of time alone each day. This is when I can put two thoughts together, when I spend quality time with God, and when I am productive in ways that are important to me.

While I get to be alone during nap time (this is usually after I’m worn down and the house is in upheaval, I might add), there is nothing like those early morning hours for me to be filled up with God’s goodness and be creative in the ways that fulfill me most.

Mornings make me happy! They lift my spirits for a great day.

Here are a few reasons why:

My favorite things about the early morning

In no particular order…

The writing

The Bible reading

The presence of God

The productivity

The rested, caffeinated energy

Feeling filled

The resulting excitement to see my sweet children when then come ‘a knockin’

Isn’t that list motivating? It is for me!

If you’re not experiencing the life-giving practice of waking up a bit before your household, maybe you should!

When I slack off in this discipline, I begin to dread my children waking me up the morning. I never feel ready for the day, and priorities in my life begin slipping.

But truly, there’s nothing like being prayed up, fed and caffeinated before my little darlings show their faces in the morning to help me embrace and love life.

If you need help getting your mornings under control, consider taking the Make Over Your Mornings Course. I did and found it hugely helpful!

Find out more here.

Do you get up on purpose in the mornings? If so, what would you add to this list?

7 Comments on My Favorite Things About Early Morning

1. Grace
    May 11, 2016 at 5:34 PM (1 year ago)

I used to be a morning person when I was working. However after being married to a night owl husband, my life shifted and I started sleeping around midnight with him.
    But lately after 5.5 years of being a night owl, I decided to go back to my good old days of waking up at 6.
    I definitely needed to wake up before the household to enjoy the presence of God. I feel empty when I slack on that.
    It has been almost 20 days of waking up before the kids— and I’m loving it! Although I must say it is challenging because my kids sometimes will wake up when I wake up at 6!

2. Heather Oswald
    September 4, 2015 at 8:35 PM (2 years ago)

I am a natural morning person, usually waking between 5 and 5:30 on my own. I find myself feeling sorry for people who are missing out on things like the beautiful sunrises and the peaceful, optimism that permeate early mornings. They don’t know what they are missing!

September 16, 2015 at 4:39 PM (2 years ago)

I agree!

3. Michelle
    August 24, 2015 at 2:02 PM (2 years ago)

Great list! I have been starting my mornings at 7:00ish lately to prepare for our school year. I have made it a full week now, which is HUGE for me! I have started being intentional about getting to bed 11:00/11:15, also a big adjustment. I truly love starting my day in The Word and prayer. I wish I could sneak down stairs for coffee and put my contacts in, but most times the kiddos hear me (our stairs are not carpeted yet).

It has made a huge difference, just starting my mornings a hour earlier. I feel so much more accomplished through out my day! Hoping to make 6:00/6:30 my wake up time. Small steps and I will get there :)…..Now if I could get dinner under control LOL!

August 27, 2015 at 2:46 PM (2 years ago)

You must be a “night person” because 11 sounds late to me! I feel happier with myself the earlier I wake up, but there’s also a lot to be said for sleep! Way to go keeping your 7 am wake up time for a full week!

4. Melissa Osigian
    August 24, 2015 at 9:50 AM (2 years ago)

Hi, Katie! I enjoyed reading your list and would add exercise to my faves. I just signed up for the free day trial too.

August 27, 2015 at 2:43 PM (2 years ago)

Hey Melissa!! Thanks for stopping by! I love it!