Welcome to the World Emily Rose!

|by | Uncategorized

_D4B6715

She’s here! She’s here!

We have been anticipating this little girl’s arrival for what seems like forever… and she’s here!

Meet Emily Rose, the newest addition to our little family. She came into the world in a hurry this Sunday, April 26th, and is so precious to us!

_D4B6722

The way God chooses to create life is breathtaking. This person, my Emily, was in my body just this morning, and now I hold her. The miraculousness of new life astounds me as I see and experience it.

_D4B6701And despite the fact that I’ve been referring to myself as such for months, I still can’t quite get over the fact that I’m a mom of three now. …Three amazing, beautiful, joy-filled, sweet children.

And I’ve got the minivan to prove it!

My heart’s desire for each of these three little ones is that they would grow to love Jesus, to know God and make Him known with their lives. I pray that His Spirit would dwell in them mightily and His word, abundantly, and that their roots would grow down deeply into the soil of His marvelous love!

What a high calling it is to mother people. Souls. What a weighty yet privileged task!

_D4B6685

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY Emily Rose! We love you already.

And THANK YOU God for this blessing of new life!

11157533_10103063729378720_8744373687882441527_o

14 Comments on Welcome to the World Emily Rose!

May 19, 2015 at 2:47 PM (2 years ago)

Thank you Ai! And you’re getting one soon too! I hope all goes well with the delivery! Holding these little ones is just heavenly. 🙂

1. Linda
    April 30, 2015 at 10:03 PM (2 years ago)

What adorable children; joy of the Lord is so evident on their faces….My “little girl” just turned 18 on the 25th….Enjoy every moment of childhood….And it is possible to raise God honouring children…I have one….

May 1, 2015 at 10:09 AM (2 years ago)

They almost shared a birthday! That’s fun. It’s also so encouraging to hear you successfully raised a God honouring child. It feels like an almost impossible task most of the time because it’s just too important. Thanks for sharing!

2. Michelle
    April 30, 2015 at 1:53 PM (2 years ago)

If you are new to the Minivan Club….WELCOME! I never wanted one to be honest but I was ushered in 3 years ago and love it! And WELCOME to the momma of 3 Club 🙂 So excited you are joining us. 🙂

All life, especially the life of a new little one is Simply Amazing…..God is Good. Thank you for sharing your growing family and sweet hearts desire with us Katie 🙂 The task of guiding these hearts is a high calling, so Thankful He equips and He does the Heart work in me and them!

May 1, 2015 at 10:07 AM (2 years ago)

Yes, the minivan was a baby 3 acquisition. I was all in for having it, but it was honestly a slight identity shock. I never saw myself being a 28 year-old, minivan-driving mom of 3! But seriously, these things are amazing in terms of practicality. I emphatically love it. 🙂

Having these three children, all of them climbing up on my lap together, has to be the richest feeling in the world. God IS so good! Glad to be in the club. 😉

3. Cathy Loomis
    April 28, 2015 at 12:53 PM (2 years ago)

Congratulations! You have a beautiful family.

May 1, 2015 at 10:02 AM (2 years ago)

Thank you Cathy! I feel incredibly blessed, full-hearted.

4. Linda
    April 28, 2015 at 10:24 AM (2 years ago)

I praise the Lord for your rapid and safe delivery. Congratulations to you and your husband and family. Thank you so much for letting us know!

May 1, 2015 at 10:01 AM (2 years ago)

Thank you so much Linda!

May 1, 2015 at 10:01 AM (2 years ago)

Thanks Kelly! 🙂

5. Tracey
    April 28, 2015 at 7:21 AM (2 years ago)

Congratulations to you and Mitch!! We are so happy for you! Your bio needs to now say, mother of three! 🙂

April 28, 2015 at 7:53 AM (2 years ago)

Ha! Yes! That’s right! Thanks Tracey. 🙂