Today’s Project: Simplify Your Pantry Baskets
Organizing your pantry so that you can find what you are looking for can be a challenge. I have a small, closet-style pantry with deep shelves, making it difficult to see all of the products I keep stuffed in there.
I have developed a system that is working great for me! You can do it too!
Buy sturdy plastic baskets and label with a category of food.
Write the food on the top of any cans so they are easily identified.
I have a basket for:
- Snacks (I usually keep things that are open in here – crackers, chips, things the kids know are up for grabs)
- Tea (this holds not only tea for iced tea, hot tea and decaf tea, but sweetener, sugar and my little tea pot for every day)
- Grains (rice, quinoa, pasta, breadcrumbs, etc.)
- Fruit & veggies (mostly canned goods, but not tomatoes….they have a basket of their own!)
- Tomato ( diced, stewed, sauce, paste, spaghetti sauce, etc)
- Protein (tuna, beans, peanut butter, nuts)
- Sauces (salad dressing, salsa, catsup, mustard, mayonnaise, etc.)
When I need something, I pull the basket out (great for the biceps….you probably don’t need the gym that day!) and read the top of the cans to find what I need.
No digging around trying to read labels.
No sticking your head in the pantry trying to see what is at the far back corner.
Give it a whirl…..let me know what you think!
New to this community? Start here, friend.