I’m excited to share with you this tutorial from my sis and contributing writer Crystal Reddick!
I received these clips as a Christmas gift and thought they were the best idea ever.
As you can see, they’re cheery and adorable, yet also very useful… my favorite kind of gift!
I definitely recommend pinning this idea for future reference. It’s pretty genius.
Need a fun little gift idea that is a nice gesture, but not over-the-top?
I suggest these easy DIY washi tape clothespins… they can be used as fridge magnets or bag clips. Actually, why not make some for yourself, too?
Suggested list of supplies:
- Washi tape– (if you’re not familiar with it, this stuff is super convenient for all kinds of crafts, and has adhesive already on it)… this can be the “regular” tape texture, or fabric washi tape. There are actually a lot of different patterns available nowadays… I got the varieties I used from Hobby Lobby and Michaels.
- Hot glue gun
- Magnets of some kind. I bought the role with adhesive backing, and then cut the width in half. I ended up thinking the adhesive was not strong enough, so I hot glued the magnets on.
- Buttons or other embellishments
- Turn on the hot glue gun
- Cut the magnet strips in half (if using a magnet role), to be less than the width of the clothespin… I cut the length of the magnets to be about an inch long.
- Cut the Washi tape to be the length of the clothespins
- Apply the Washi tape to the clothespins (if using the fabric Washi tape, you will have to remove the adhesive backing). As you are applying the Washi tape, cut a notch out of each side (where the clothespin metal piece is), to allow full motion of the clothespin spring/wire.
- Coordinate what buttons or embellishments you would like to go with your different colors of Washi tape.
- Hot glue magnet to back of clothespin, any loose edges of the Washi tape (I only had to do this with the gold sparkly tape), and hot glue the button or embellishment to the front.
- As a finishing touch, you can tape or glue scrapbook paper to note-cards, and clip the clothespins on, for gift-giving.
Just like that, you are finished! Happy crafting!