When it comes to birthday parties and Christmas, I am often at a loss as to what gifts to give the young children in our lives.
Many of them already have an abundance of toys and clothes and all the typical “gift-type” stuff.
And don’t we all want to give the genius gift that will actually be useful, fun and different?
Over the years, there have been some gifts that my children have been given that stand out from the others. So, I’ve created a running list for myself for when I need ideas!
What’s more, I polled some other savvy moms in my life. Together we’ve come up with the following:
20 Creative Gift Ideas for Preschoolers
1. Little backpack. Kids love these and they come in handy! We use them for visits to friends houses and load them with spare clothes, a drink and a snack.
3. Frozen yogurt gift card
4. iTunes gift card
5. Orange parking cones. These are good for many a yet-to-be-imaged game.
6. Potted plant
7. Vegetable seeds with a shovel and pot they can decorate.
8. DIY sensory learning bins.
9. Personalized book. There are many websites that allow you to create a book with a child’s name and even his photo. My daughter received this Dora book as a gift, which has been such a fun thing for her.
10. Movie tickets
11. Handmade or thrift store dress up clothes .
12. Painted rock set.
13. Knitted scarves/ hats.
14. Photo album of your favorite memories with the child.
15. Stamp set.
16. Room decor, like a picture board or decorative pillow.
17. Decorated bag to take to the library.
18. A musical instrument. My kids were given a small half-sized guitar, which is allowing them to grow an interest in music.
19. A goody bag with unusual candies and treats.
20. Cowboy boots. Because what kid doesn’t need that?
Please tell me, what would you add to this list? What creative gifts have you given or received for your children?